Parking in downtown Topeka is really quite easy when compared to other metropolitan areas.
The City of Topeka has three parking garages within two blocks contain 1,413 spaces. There are 351 on-street parking spaces, and meters are free after 6 pm and all day Saturday and Sunday.
Disabled parking is available on the premises and requires an official and valid handicapped hang-tag permit.
TPAC is also easily accessed by public transportation via Topeka Transit, (785) 354-9571, and by taxi service.
- More than 1,700 public parking spaces are located within a 750-foot radius of TPAC.
- Free parking is provided in the Capitol Federal Parking Garage on Quincy Street across from the west entrance to TPAC for most evening shows, additional security and lighting is available at this garage when designated.
- Street parking is available at metered spaces; meters are free after 6:00 p.m. weekdays, and all day on Saturday and Sunday
- Parking is not allowed at any time in designated loading zones or 24 hour reserved spaces.
- Please take note of which lots are private parking lots. Unfortunately, we cannot authorize TPAC patrons parking in these lots and your visit to Topeka may become less pleasant paired with fines if you park in these areas.
Keep in mind for daytime event parking:
- Arrive early and relax during peak exit times.
- Plan where you will park ahead of time.
- Enter downtown from the side of which you plan to park and park facing the direction you intend to depart.
- During special events, plan to use a parking garage or lot. Metered parking is limited around special event areas.
- Plan your route ahead of time.
- Prepare to park away from the event site. Wear comfortable shoes to walk to your destination.
- Carpool or use City Transit if possible.