The Director of Marketing will provide the leadership and management for all venue marketing efforts. This may include, but is not limited to, design and fulfillment of marketing and promotional materials, media buys, public relations, social media, website maintenance, event sponsorships, and other general marketing functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Create effective marketing materials to increase awareness of the venue including: preparation of annual membership campaign materials, coordination of marketing & PR campaigns for touring artists, design and implementation of venue marketing campaigns, taking a visible role in the community to enhance the image of the venue.
- Oversee design of advertising and promotional materials
- Prepare marketing agendas and attend meetings as necessary within the role.
- Rotate as Manager on Duty and be present for other events as required.
- Develop marketing plans for the building and its events.
- Create and maintain marketing budget per fiscal year.
- Establish annual marketing goals and objectives.
- Gather, record, and compare event attendance monthly, quarterly, and year-to-date.
- Summarize monthly attendance, events, and economic impact for Commission.
- Forecast event attendance and economic impact to develop the annual budget.
- Direct public relations for events.
- Manage website development and maintenance.
- Develop and executive social media strategy and campaigns for the building and its events.
- Promote and sell event sponsorships and specialty seating.
- Perform other duties, functions and special projects as assigned by Executive Director.
This position does not have direct report staff. But, will oversee staff necessary to complete special projects.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Preferred candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university in applicable discipline or equivalent relevant experience in development.
- Experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Experience and proficiency in all the above essential duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to interpret and use demographic and marketing research information.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and database programs.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Applicant must possess current, valid driver’s license.
- Ability to speak in public, both in person and via various media outlets.
- Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence, reports and government and banking regulations.
- Ability to communicate venue policy to the public and employees in a clear, concise manner.
- Ability to write professional correspondence, reports and procedures.
- Ability to speak and understand English.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiple and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Ability to maintain a calm, composed presence in an often fast-paced environment where multiple tasks, events and stimulus may occur simultaneously. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form, dealing with both abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to perform the following physical activities: stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
- Ability to manipulate necessary office equipment, computer software and peripherals.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must be willing to do considerable travel, including overnight.
- Work is classified as light with the requirements of exerting up to 20 lbs of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 lbs of force frequently and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs duties in a well-ventilated, well-lighted and temperature-controlled office environment.
- Noise level is minimal in daily work environment, but can be very loud during specific events such as concerts, sporting events, monster trucks, etc.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. This is not an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Further, this job description is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of any employee under his/her supervision.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com